Is there a CLI for creating the object tree?

From: Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is there a CLI for creating the object tree?
Date: 2017-08-11 00:59:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi.

I want to write a tool for PG and I would like to recreate the object tree
in pgadmin on the disk. For example.

db
schemas
public
tables
some_table.sql
I looked at the source code and it seems like you guys read the definitions
from the DB and then apply a template. This is great and I could rewrite
all that in my own code but I was hoping it would be possible to avoid all
that work. Do you guys know of any type of CLI or a library that would
help me accomplish this? I also thought of just calling out to pg_dump and
then writing a parser for that file but again I would rather take a
shortcut if one exists.

Thanks.