Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync

From: Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync
Date: 2020-12-13 02:58:19
Lists: pgsql-general

I want to dump my postgres schema to disk in neat directories like
pgadmin presents. Then I want to be able to edit the files and sync
changes to the database and ideally if changes were made in the
database to sync them back to the disk.

Is there a tool that does this? Is there a tool that will dump the
schema into separate directories and files like pgadmin does?

Thanks.