Re: Triggers and scalability in high transaction tables.

From: Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jerry Sievers <gsievers19(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Triggers and scalability in high transaction tables.
Date: 2015-02-26 22:34:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I just want to make sure I understood correctly.

All the triggers are firing in a single thread assigned to the connection
and will be run serially no matter how many tables are firing triggers.

If this is correct then yes I guess I have to create a queue of some sort
and process them via an external process. Thanks.