Re: schema change tracking

From: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Benedict Holland <benedict(dot)m(dot)holland(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: schema change tracking
Date: 2019-05-16 19:01:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 9:41 AM Benedict Holland <
benedict(dot)m(dot)holland(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I need a tool that can track schema changes in a postgesql database, write
> scripts to alter the tables, and store those changes in git. Are there
> tools that exist that can do this?

For dev and QA, my company is using Migra (
https://github.com/djrobstep/migra) as part of the developer workflow to
track DDL changes. The generated changes are then put into git as patches.
Migra itself is just used for the diff'ing capabilities it provides, and
will require some glue code if you want to use it for any CI/CD work.