Re: Submitting to this list

From: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Submitting to this list
Date: 2016-01-06 17:19:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I would like to see the following added to the introduction to this list.
>
> "When submitting to this list, please include the full version of
> PostgreSQL and the O/S you are using.
> Also, if you are reportaing a problem, it is essential that a minimal
> amount of schema & data be
> provided in order to duplicate problem being reported, as well as exact
> error verbage encountered and
> any relevant extracts from the postgresql log file(s)."

There are already wiki entries for the "proper" way to submit reports or
ask for help. A link to those might be sufficient.
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions