Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR

From: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com" <drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR
Date: 2016-01-09 21:59:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 1:54 PM, drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com <drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you are able to stop Postgres on the slave you are taking the base
>> backup from, you could do this:
>

> I'm not... the data base is 2 TB.
> So, a RSYNC would take DAYS..... And I'm not able to stop the SLAVE for
> that long time

Depending on when you took the base backup and how many changes have
occurred at your source (slave1) database cluster, the rsync execution time
may or may not take as long as a new base backup if is only only shipping
deltas (changed files).