Re: [HACKERS] Urgent Help Required

From: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: shailesh singh <shaileshjuly(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Urgent Help Required
Date: 2013-10-08 15:18:00
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:13 AM, shailesh singh <shaileshjuly(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM, bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:03 AM, shailesh singh <shaileshjuly(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:
>>
>>> HINT: To avoid a database shutdown, execute a full-database VACUUM in
>>> "patnadbold".
>>> ERROR: could not access status of transaction 33011
>>> DETAIL: could not open file "pg_clog/0000": No such file or directory
>>> exit
>>>

>>> After this i am able to stop /start my db server but i am not able to
>>> connect to my databases (it tells to run vacuum full first on patnadbold
>>> databases)
>>>

>> The message does *not* say to run "VACUUM FULL", it says to run a
>> "full-database VACUUM". Different things.
>> Connect to "patnadbold" and issue "VACUUM;" (without double-quotes) as
>> the others have suggested.
>>

> When i am trying to connect "patnadbold" , it is giving error for "execute
> a full-database VACUUM in "patnadbold" " .
> is there any way to connect this database using backend process . pl let
> me know the command sequnce i need to run.
> Thanks.

Please keep replies CC'd to the pgsql-general list, and follow the format
of the other messages, which is to bottom-post.

You need to show (again?) exactly what you are executing. Are you
connecting via psql or using another command? Are you connecting directly
to that "patnadbold" database? If you are able to connect to it, are you
able to issue just "VACUUM;" ?