Re: Help pg_restore version

From: Jorge Soro Domenech <jorsodom(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help pg_restore version
Date: 2023-10-01 15:28:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello Euler,

thank you for your response.

The backup file has generated external enterprise that me.

You said i try import it backup file with pg_restore version 15, its
correct?

For a correct import, i need the version Postgree database i must have
(11.18) version but i need a pg_restore version 15 for import this "bak
file"

Its possible i have install Postgree database (11.18) and parallel i use
only a pg_restore version 15?

My sistem is a redhat unix.

This is the header backup file.

PGDMP % 6 { a121_prd_md_483100 11.18
15.2 _ 0 0 ENCODING ENCODING SET
client_encoding = 'UTF8';
false ` 0 0
STDSTRINGS
STDSTRINGS ( SET standard_conforming_strings = 'on';
false a 0 0
SEARCHPATH
SEARCHPATH 8 SELECT pg_catalog.set_config('search_path', '',
false);
false b 1262 449003
a121_prd_md_483100 DATABASE CREATE DATABASE a121_prd_md_483100
WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8' LOCALE_PROVIDER = libc LOCALE =
'English_United States.1252';
" DROP DATABASE a121_prd_md_483100;
yya121mstrmddb false 2615
2200 public SCHEMA 2 -- *not* creating schema, since initdb
creates it
2 -- *not* dropping schema, since initdb creates it
yya121mstrmddb false ± 1255
449004 dssmdobjfunc() FUNCTION Ê CREATE FUNCTION
public.dssmdobjfunc() RETURNS trigger
LANGUAGE plpgsql
AS $$

--