postgres pg_restore append data

From: dhanuj hippie <dhanuj(dot)hippie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres pg_restore append data
Date: 2016-12-05 09:36:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have a pg backup created using pg_dump custom format. I'm trying to
restore into a DB which already has some data, using pg_restore data-only.
This fails in scenarios where same data (some rows) is present in DB as
well as dump. Is there a way to ignore such rows and proceed with restoring
the rest of data ? I don't want to lose the present data in DB. I need to
append the backup onto current content in DB.

Thanks,
Dhanuj