Table Updatable By Trigger Only

From: Osahon Oduware <osahon(dot)gis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Table Updatable By Trigger Only
Date: 2017-06-20 11:43:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

I have a trigger on a PostGIS table (say table A) that automatically
updates another PostGIS table (say table B). Also, users connect to these
tables (table A and B) using QGIS. However, I want the updates to table B
to be done by the trigger only (i.e. I don't want table B to be updated
from QGIS).

I have tried revoking UPDATE permissions on table B, but this prevents the
trigger from updating the table also as the trigger has to work with the
permissions of the user.

*Is there a way of making table B updatable by the trigger only?*