LOG: could not fork new process for connection: Cannot allocate memory

From: Ahsan Ali <ali95695(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LOG: could not fork new process for connection: Cannot allocate memory
Date: 2016-08-25 18:49:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Support

I having my production server service intruption because of this "Cannot
allocate memory" error in the db log.

because of this error even DBA's cant login to the db server unless we kill
one of the existing sessions. Please help me resolve this issue.

1. $ grep Commit /proc/meminfo
2. CommitLimit: 133625220 kB
3. Committed_AS: 82635628 kB
4.