Postgres Automated Failover

From: AI Rumman <rummandba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres Automated Failover
Date: 2019-01-17 13:32:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am planning to use Postgresql with TimescaleDb extension. I have to
design a system similar to AWS RDS which supports automated failover,
transparent minor version upgrades etc.
In early days, I worked with PgPool II to enable heartbeat between the
Postgres servers. Is there any new tool to achieve the same by which I can
design a transparent failover system for Postgres?

Also is there any multi-master Postgresql solution? Is Postgres-XC
production ready?

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks.