Re: Where should I start for learn development

From: AI Rumman <rummandba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Where should I start for learn development
Date: 2012-08-01 13:59:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks to all for all the good advice. I was thinking myself to work in any
of the open source project and contribute there. As a database developer I
think Postgresql is one of the best places for me where I may enjoy working
and see the outcome.
If you ask about goal, I was thinking to work in a large project where the
great hacker may be working for parallel execution of a query. At present,
I need it badly. I know I may achieve a bit of that using pgpool load
balancer or grid sql. But it would be nice if we get it at core Postgresql.
Criag, you really tell a good point. At first I should start by writing
simple C functions as extension and then for more.
Thanks to all again.