DatabaseMetaData.getTables returns lower-case column names

From: Július Štroffek <julo(at)stroffek(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DatabaseMetaData.getTables returns lower-case column names
Date: 2013-05-17 15:06:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I am using eclipselink with pgsql jdbc driver '9.2-1002 JDBC 4' and
when eclipselink tries to get the list of available tables using the
${subject} function PostgreSQL JDBC will return the result having the
column names lower case.

The JDBC API clearly describes them as upper-case, see
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html#getTables%28java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String[]%29

Is there any reason why the names are returned as lower case?

Please keep me CC-ed as I am not on this list.

Thank you,
Kind regards

Julo

--