Re: Employee modeling question

From: Nelson Green <nelsongreen84(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Employee modeling question
Date: 2014-09-05 15:42:07
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM, John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 7:52 AM, Nelson Green <nelsongreen84(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Robin. Ironically enough, our little local library has three
> books by
> > Joe Celko, so looks like I may have a weekend of reading ahead of me.
>
> I'm impressed that your library has him. But, unless you are _very_
> good with SQL, you're going to need more than a single weekend. Unless
> by weekend you mean 48 hours of constant reading. I have a lot of his
> books. They are excellent. They are _not_ for beginners. The "For
> Smarties" portion is not just a play against the "For Dummies"
> series. Joe does some high powered SQL. I am not, and never really
> will be, an SQL expert. I love his books. But, at least for me, they
> are an intense read.
>

> > Nelson
> >
> --
> There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
> Genghis Khan
>
> Maranatha! <><
> John McKown

Thanks for the warning John. No, I hold no illusion that I will completely
solve this problem through two days of reading. What I meant is that I will
have two days away from work to get some work done. What I hope to have by
the start of next week is a better idea of what I am up against. I am glad
that I realized this simple problem will require a complex solution before
I got too far along, and I really appreciate the learning opportunities
that have been offered here.

Nelson