Programmatic access to interval units

From: Nelson Green <nelsongreen84(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Programmatic access to interval units
Date: 2014-12-01 16:42:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Good morning list,

According to the documentation for interval data type inputs, the unit can
be one of microsecond, millisecond, second, minute, hour, day, week, month,
year, decade, century, or millennium. Are these units stored in a catalog
somewhere? I would like to access them programmatically if possible, to
validate input for a function I am developing.

Thanks,
Nelson