Re: Converting inherited partitions into declarative ones

From: Victor Yegorov <vyegorov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Converting inherited partitions into declarative ones
Date: 2017-09-29 18:37:56
Lists: pgsql-general

> Is it possible to avoid Full Scan here? I have TBs worth of data in
> partitions,
> so it'll takes ages to switch to the declarative partitioning the way
> things stand now.

OK, looking at the source code helped — I need to change `created_at`
column to be `NOT NULL`.
After this change things are working as expected.

I wonder if it's possible to adjust documentation here:

This does not work, however, if any of the partition keys is an expression
and the partition does not accept NULL values
or partitioning column is missing NOT NULL constraint.

?

--
Victor Yegorov