From TODO: Simplify creation of partitioned tables

From: Alexandre de Arruda Paes <adaldeia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: From TODO: Simplify creation of partitioned tables
Date: 2013-01-13 21:49:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

Every month, I search in the mailing lists and in history of wiki page
about table partition for any news. But I don't see any moves to implement
this feature (aka transparent table partitioning).
The last update of wiki was 2011-08-12 !

This month, Satoshi made an extension (
http://pgsnaga.blogspot.com.br/2013/01/announcing-pgpart-extension-table.html)
that helps the creation the trigger, child table, etc,etc,etc, but I think
that is only a helper for a 'must have' internal feature.

I'm dreaming with the day that Hubert will put in http://www.depesz.com/:
"Waiting for 9.3: Transparent table partitioning!" ;)

Best regards,

Alexandre