Re: ERROR: found multixact from before relminmxid

From: Alexandre Arruda <adaldeia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: found multixact from before relminmxid
Date: 2018-04-06 14:29:54
Lists: pgsql-general

> On 04/06/2018 02:09 AM, Alexandre Arruda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Some time ago, I had this errors frequently showed in logs after some
> > autovacuum in some tables(pg 9.6). VACUUM FULL or CLUSTER in this tables
> > show the same and not complete the tasks (showed by some table bloat
> > select).
> > Then, I did a full dump/restore into a new version (10.2) and everything
> > is ok for a couple of months. Now, I have errors like this again:
> >
> > db1=# cluster pc44t;
> >
> > ERROR: found multixact 134100944 from before relminmxid 192042633
> >

> > Like before, the only way to make the errors to desapear is by
> > dump/reload the whole table.
> >

> > Thanks for any help.
> >

> That's going to be hard, unless you still have the cluster around.
>
> This surely seems like some sort of data corruption issue, but without
> being able to inspect the data pages it's nearly impossible to determine
> what went wrong.
>
> We'd also need more information about what happened to the hardware and
> cluster before the issues started to appear - crashes, hardware issues.
> And so on.
>
> regards
>
> --
> Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Hi Tomas,
The old cluster are gone, unfortunatly.

This server is a 128GB ECC RAM with a dual redundant hba fiber channel
connect to a sotorage with Raid 6 and I don't have (apparently) any errors
reported.
Yesterday I did a test with one table: some sum aggragates, count(*), etc,
then dump/reload and repeat the tests the results (of querys) are the same,
regarding the vacuum problem
thats disapeared.

best regards