Re: Oracle to Postgres

From: Muhammad Ikram <mmikram(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sam Stearns <sam(dot)stearns(at)dat(dot)com>, Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Oracle to Postgres
Date: 2024-07-22 18:51:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Sam,

EnterpriseDB Migration Toolkit though won't analyze but can do migration
of both objects and data. Migration Portal from EDB is good for assessing
and migrating Schema. It provides you opportunity to reassess failed
objects after manual repair as well.
You may use the Migration portal for schema objects and then MTK for data
migration.

ora2pg is a free tool and good for both but have not used much.

About Analysis for resources, we have noticed that after migration db takes
much less space as compared to Oracle.

Regards,
Muhammad Ikram

--