Re: Streaming replication issue post upgrade from version 11 to 14 on windows 2016 Server

From: Muhammad Ikram <mmikram(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Vamsi Chava <chavavamsichava(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Streaming replication issue post upgrade from version 11 to 14 on windows 2016 Server
Date: 2024-08-07 04:32:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Vamsi,

We have been doing these steps to setup streaming replication

--Primay-Server

CREATE ROLE repl REPLICATION LOGIN PASSWORD 'your_password';

postgresql.conf

listen_addresses = '*'
wal_level = replica
archive_mode = on
archive_command = 'copy %p \\path_to_archive\\%f'
max_wal_senders = 3
wal_keep_size = 1024

--pg_hba.conf

host replication repl standby_server_ip/32 auth_method

Creating standby

PGPASSWORD=repl pg_basebackup -F p -C -S pslot1 -h localhost -p 5333 -D
path_to_standby_data_directory -U repl -P -v -R -X stream

--standby-postgresql.conf

primary_conninfo = 'host=primary_server_ip port=5432 user=repl
password=your_password'
restore_command = 'copy \\path_to_archive\\%f %p' # if you are using
archive logs

Hope I did not forget any step.

Regards,
Muhammad Ikram