Replication broken. Stale data in slave Database

From: Alberto Olivares <alberto(dot)olivares(at)snowflakesoftware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replication broken. Stale data in slave Database
Date: 2015-06-24 14:43:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

We have set up a Streaming replication.

Master database serves temporal data being replicated on the Slave database.

In the event that we shut down the Master database, the slave database
contains residual data that we do not need.

Is there any way to trigger a SQL to delete all data from the slave
database in the event that the replication is broken?

Thank you for your answers.

Regards,
Alberto.

*Alberto Olivares Colas*Technical Consultant
Snowflake Software

Tel.: +44 (0)2380 386578

Email: alberto(dot)olivares(at)snowflakesoftware(dot)com
Website: www.snowflakesoftware.com
Twitter: @sflakesoftware <http://www,twitter(dot)com(at)sflakesoftware/>
Follow us on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/snowflake-software>

*Winner of IHS Jane's ATC Award - Enabling Technology*
*Read more <http://www.snowflakesoftware.com/2015/03/janes-award/>*

Registered in England & Wales. Registered Number: 4294244