Re: Need to tune for Heavy Write

From: Dusan Misic <promisic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adarsh Sharma <adarsh(dot)sharma(at)orkash(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Need to tune for Heavy Write
Date: 2011-08-04 08:18:41
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Adarsh,

Have you set checkpoint_segments and checkpoint_completion_target the right
way?

Tuning these parameters are a MUST if you want good write performance.

See this link for more information:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-wal.html<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-wal.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-WAL-CHECKPOINTS>

Cheers,

Dusan