Re: Basebackup fails without useful error message

From: Koen De Groote <kdg(dot)dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Basebackup fails without useful error message
Date: 2024-09-29 15:57:39
Lists: pgsql-general

> What is the complete command you are using?

The full command is:

pg_basebackup -h localhost -p 5432 -U basebackup_user -D
/mnt/base_backup/dir -Ft -z -P

So output Format as tar, gzipped, and with progress being printed.

> Have you looked at the Postgres log?

> Is --verbose being used?

This is straight from the logs, it's the only output besides the % progress
counter.

Will have a look at --verbose.

Regards,
Koen De Groote