Is a VACUUM or ANALYZE necessary after logical replication?

From: Koen De Groote <kdg(dot)dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Is a VACUUM or ANALYZE necessary after logical replication?
Date: 2024-06-15 22:55:50
Lists: pgsql-general

I've gone over all of
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/logical-replication.html and the
only mentions of the word "index" I could find was in relation to replica
identity and examples of table definitions showing primary key indexes.

Nothing is said about indexes. Maybe for good reason, maybe they are fully
functionality immediately after replication?

So the main question: Once a table is fully replicated, do I need to
vacuum(analyze) that table, or are the indexes on that table already
functional?

Regards,
Koen De Groote