Re: BUG #12276: Using old name of a renamed or dropped column in a sub-query does not throw error

From: Collin Peters <collin(dot)peters(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #12276: Using old name of a renamed or dropped column in a sub-query does not throw error
Date: 2014-12-19 15:29:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Wow, an amazing 'feature' for sure. Is there any use case where it actually
makes sense? I'm just wondering if this is a case where it is better to
stray from the spec? Would almost prefer a 'NOTICE' if you use an
unqualified column reference in a sub-query.

In any case... fun stuff!! I'm glad it didn't delete something important
for us :)