Disadvantage to CLUSTER?

From: Robert James <srobertjames(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Disadvantage to CLUSTER?
Date: 2012-05-15 21:02:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Besides the one time spent CLUSTERing, do I loose anything by doing it
for every table? Does a CLUSTER slow anything down?

It would seem to me that a) a CLUSTER should never have worse
performance than a random order b) may have better performance and c)
has the benefits of a VACUUM and REINDEX. So, I may as well cluster
every table, if only by the primary key.