Re: Read write performance check

From: Hao Zhang <kennthhz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: veem v <veema0000(at)gmail(dot)com>, Lok P <loknath(dot)73(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Read write performance check
Date: 2024-01-01 19:07:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Veem

You should also be familiar with Aurora Postgres's storage
architecture, which is very different from regular Postgres (see
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/AuroraUserGuide/Aurora.Overview.html
)
Aurora is remote storage, which means if your read workload can't fit into
the PG's shared buffers, it will have a very different performance than if
the storage is a local SSD.
On write, it writes six copies to three different availability zones for
high durability and availablity. So having enough network bandwidth is a
factor as well.

Ken