Re: Protocol Question

From: Thomas Heller <info(at)zilence(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Protocol Question
Date: 2014-08-18 09:12:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Thanks Tom, you were in fact correct.

The client tripped over itself and forgot to finish reading some bytes when
reading a binary Text field. How that ended up looking like a NoData
message is beyond me but I have an extra check in place now that ensures
all types read all the bytes received for it. So another potential source
of errors fixed.

Thanks again,
/thomas