Re: 8.2 Autovacuum BUG ?

From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavan Teja <pavan(dot)postgresdba(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andreas Kretschmer <andreas(at)a-kretschmer(dot)de>, pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2 Autovacuum BUG ?
Date: 2018-01-23 16:07:34
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Pavan Teja <pavan(dot)postgresdba(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Yes so many wals are continuing to be produced.
>
> Deleting the wals after a backup of the database.
>
> Yes archiving mode is on. And the warning message in log file is
>
> " checkpoints are frequently occurring (1second apart). Consider
> increasing checkpoint_segements parameter".
>
> My doubt is previously the same are the parameters which are reflected as
> of now. Then what is the point in considering altering those values.
> Correct me if I am wrong.

You can use pg_xlogdump to inspect those logs and see which
relations/transactions are generating so much WAL.

Then you can hunt within your apps which code is responsible for that
traffic, or whether it in fact is autovacuum.