Patch to de-copy-paste the makefiles

From: Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL YUM ML <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Patch to de-copy-paste the makefiles
Date: 2020-11-16 08:11:26
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi

The attached patch generates all the makefile targets from a shared include
file.

It also allows WORKDIR= to be defined to change where the output is
produced.

This makes it easy to replace the actual build commands with something
else, in my case docker-rpm-builder. I haven't yet made that neatly
configurable/pluggable and I'm not sure I should; it's actually probably
simpler to use something completely
separate and just pass the same make macros.

So I probably won't do anything more with this.

Anyway, in case it's useful/interesting, here it is. Apply with "git am".

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-De-copy-paste-the-makefiles.patch text/x-patch 44.1 KB