Re: Javascript translations

From: Sarah McAlear <smcalear(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Atira Odhner <aodhner(at)pivotal(dot)io>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Matthew Kleiman <mkleiman(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Subject: Re: Javascript translations
Date: 2017-03-28 16:29:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Good catch. We looked into this and it appears that the language
interpretation that is defined in the babel.cfg only picks up one
definition per file. Since we are in the process of moving things over to
the new gettext() functionality, it looks like we will have to be more
specific in the config file for now. Whichever path gets defined first is
the interpreter that will be used for that file. We updated the config file
and included dashboard.js and about.js more specifically. They are now
being interpreted using Javascript. When we are done moving other files
over we should be able to eliminate some of the configuration again. Here's
a new patch that should fix this.

Thanks,
Matt & Sarah

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 9:19 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Sarah McAlear <smcalear(at)pivotal(dot)io>
> wrote:
> > Hi Hackers,
> > Sorry about that, we attached the wrong patch file. Attaching the correct
> > one
>
> It no longer errors, but it's still not working correctly - after
> running an extract, there are no strings from about.js or dashboard.js
> in the resulting template. I wonder if that's because they are still
> templates (and thus use the Jinja2 extractor), but are using client
> side translation?
>
> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Changed-untemplated-translate-to-be-picked-up-with-t.patch application/octet-stream 96.9 KB