Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI

From: Melih Mutlu <m(dot)melihmutlu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI
Date: 2022-10-07 17:00:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers.

Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, 22 Eyl 2022 Per, 20:03 tarihinde şunu
yazdı:

> Now that meson has been merged, could you try to adjust this patch so it
> builds with meson?

Attached patch is the adjusted version to build with meson.

Add a commented-out trigger-type: manual and note in the commit message that
> the committer needs to adjust that piece.

Done.

> Also: your original patch said --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32, but the task
> > is called MinGW64. The most recent patches don't use --host at all, and
> > were building for a 32 bit environment, even though the OS image says
> > MSYSTEM=UCRT64.

> I don't think you should need to use --host, that indicates cross
> compiling,
> which we shouldn't do. I don't think the patch without --host targets
> 32bit -
> the last time CI ran the patch, it built a 64bit PG:

Also removed this with meson changes. Can confirm that it builds 64bit.

Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, 5 Eyl 2022 Pzt, 14:50 tarihinde şunu
yazdı:

> I don't know what direction that idea is going, but it makes working
> with this patch a bit easier when configure is less slow. Fine with me
> to split it into a separate patch :)

If it's okay, then I would suggest not including that piece into this patch
since I don't know what direction this is going either.

The patch has been changed quite a bit due to meson integration.
I would appreciate any feedback.

Best,
Melih

Attachment Content-Type Size
v6-0001-Added-Windows-with-MinGW-environment-in-Cirrus-CI.patch application/octet-stream 6.2 KB