Re: PostgreSQL logical decoder output plugin - unchanged toast data

From: Georgy Buranov <gburanov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: andres(at)anarazel(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL logical decoder output plugin - unchanged toast data
Date: 2018-08-31 16:30:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ok, I got false understanding that REPLICA IDENTITY is used for
something more than a WAL. This is basically not true. So, what I can
do

* Set the REPLICA IDENTITY to full, and in this case I can still get
the pk from rd_pkindex. In this case the WAL will be bigger, but we
will have all the values in it.
* Other solution is basically (since we know exact primary key) - get
the row, and take the latest value from there using SQL query on the
client side (other part of kafka)

Thank you very much fro your help