Re: postgresql and glusterFS

From: Flavio Henrique Araque Gurgel <fhagur(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alfredo De Luca <alfredo(dot)deluca(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql and glusterFS
Date: 2018-09-12 09:48:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

Em qua, 12 de set de 2018 às 10:56, Alfredo De Luca <
alfredo(dot)deluca(at)gmail(dot)com> escreveu:

> Hi all. I wonder if I can install/configure postgresql with a distributed
> file system ...specifically glusterFS? is it supported? Does it work
> properly.
> the ENV is on Centos 7
>
> Any idea?

It works and it supports all POSIX semantics. And because of it, it's slow
as hell to writes because a FS lock acquired by PostgreSQL has to be
replicated to all nodes before being confirmed. If you have a read bound
database you should be fine tho.

I have tested it but never put in production, it's useless.
What exactly you want to do?

Flavio