Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file

From: Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file
Date: 2024-08-07 17:09:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 at 12:42, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl> wrote:
> Okay, I spent the time to add a script to generate the editorconfig
> based on .gitattributes after all. So attached is a patch that adds
> that.

I would love to see this patch merged (or at least some feedback on
the latest version). I think it's pretty trivial and really low risk
of breaking anyone's workflow, and it would *significantly* improve my
own workflow.

Matthias mentioned on Discord that our vendored in pg_bsd_indent uses
a tabwidth of 8 and that was showing up ugly in his editor. I updated
the patch to include a fix for that too.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v6-0001-Add-script-to-keep-.editorconfig-in-sync-with-.gi.patch application/octet-stream 8.1 KB