Re: Opinion poll: Sending an automated email to a thread when it gets added to the commitfest

From: Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Opinion poll: Sending an automated email to a thread when it gets added to the commitfest
Date: 2024-08-15 07:29:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 15 Aug 2024 at 01:19, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> +1 for the basic idea.

That's great to hear.

> Not sure about your 3 & 4 points though, especially if that'd
> mean some delay in sending the mail. For one thing, wouldn't those
> links be stale as soon as the initial patch got replaced?

I recently made those links predictable based on only the ID of the CF
entry. So they won't get stale, and I would want to send them straight
away (even if that means that they might return a 404 until cfbot
actually pushes the patches to github). The links would be:

https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/cf/$CFENTRYID

https://github.com/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/compare/cf/$CFENTRYID~1...cf/$CFENTRYID

> Those links seem like they ought to live in the commitfest entry.

Agreed. I'll start with that, since that should be very easy.