Re: PostgreSQL 17 release announcement draft

From: Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 17 release announcement draft
Date: 2024-09-06 22:40:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 6 Sept 2024 at 19:04, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> Please see v2 attached. As per original note, please provide feedback
> before Mon, Sep 9 @ 12:00 UTC so we can begin the translation process.

The following sentence was part of the beta1 release announcement, but
is not part of this draft. Did that happen by accident or was it done
on purpose? If on purpose, I'm curious why since I contributed the
feature.

"PostgreSQL 17 also provides better support for asynchronous and more
secure query cancellation routines, which drivers can adopt using the
libpq API."