Re: Removing archived wal files on Master

From: Shreeyansh Dba <shreeyansh2014(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael King <michaelbking(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Removing archived wal files on Master
Date: 2019-02-22 13:26:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Michael,

I suspect that your DB parameters are set to default and database is not
running in an archive mode as archive_mode = off , I believe PostgreSQL
won't write archives when archive_mode is off and WAL archival cannot be
enabled when wal_level is "minimal".

I assume the existing 200GB worth of archived wal files are old where you
can verify by checking the timestamp of the Wal files and remove.

If you want to disable/enable archive_command you can simply
comment/uncomment parameter and reload the server to affect but for
enabling archive_mode = on server required a restart.

Thanks & Regards,
*Shreeyansh DBA Team*
www.shreeyansh.com