Re: Missing libpq.so in postgresql v10

From: Shreeyansh Dba <shreeyansh2014(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Long Nguyen <nguyenxl(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing libpq.so in postgresql v10
Date: 2017-11-14 10:07:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:07 PM, Long Nguyen <nguyenxl(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I got the postgresql 10 packages for Ubuntu 16.04 server from
>
> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ xenial-pgdg main
>
> I then installed postgresql v10 through
>
> apt-get install postgresql-10
>
> The lib directory is /usr/lib/postgresql/10/lib. However I cannot find a
> libpq.so file in it. It is required by our commvault backup system.
>
> I checked what postgresql packages were installed with 'dpkg -l |grep
> postgres" and it showed these
>
> ii postgresql-10
>
> ii postgresql-client-10
>
> ii postgresql-client-common
>
> ii postgresql-common
>
> ii postgresql-server-dev-10
>
> Just wonder if I missed something here.
>

> Thanks
>

> Hi,

Follow the following steps for installing postgresql-10

1. Add PostgreSQL apt repository

*echo 'deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/
<http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/> xenial-pgdg main' >>
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list*

2. Import the repository signing key, and update the package lists.

*wget --quiet -O - https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc
<https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc> | sudo apt-key add -*

3. Install PostgreSQL

*sudo apt-get update*