Re: Missing files in pg_xlog, pg_subtrans and pg_clog directories during file system based backup

From: Shreeyansh Dba <shreeyansh2014(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: preeti soni <preeti_soni123(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing files in pg_xlog, pg_subtrans and pg_clog directories during file system based backup
Date: 2017-12-12 07:20:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 12:03 PM, preeti soni <preeti_soni123(at)yahoo(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While performing file system based backup, after running pg_start_backup,
> we create a list of files in data directory called collect file.
> Then backup the files listed in collect file.
>
> This is approximately 35TB database. Very frequently we are noticing there
> are failed files in
> ​​
> pg_xlog, pg_subtrans and pg_clog directory. It means, the files were
> present when list of files is created (Collect file). However, it is not
> there while backing up.
>
> Is the backup valid with these failed files. Any suggestion would help us.

​No, the backup with missing files in

pg_xlog, pg_subtrans and pg_clog directory
Please do check your server logs for more details where the error is
occurring actually

--
[image: http://www.shreeyansh.com] <http://www.shreeyansh.com>