Re: A particular database to move to other drive

From: Shreeyansh Dba <shreeyansh2014(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: nikhil raj <nikhilraj474(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A particular database to move to other drive
Date: 2017-11-27 09:05:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 1:08 AM, nikhil raj <nikhilraj474(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Any one can please help me out
>
> I want to move a database to 'Y drive' because the size of that database
> is large about so can I move only that database to because I got an alert
> of low space is there any way
> Currently it is on F drive I want to move to Y drive .
>
> Thanks

If we want to move a particular database from one drive to another drive
for this requires downtime. There are multiple options to move a database
like pg_dump & pg_restore or taking a physical copy, we may pick anyone
from these options depending on the size of the database.

--
[image: http://www.shreeyansh.com] <http://www.shreeyansh.com>