Re: Dropping a temporary view?

From: Celia McInnis <celia(dot)mcinnis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Erik Wienhold <ewie(at)ewie(dot)name>, "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dropping a temporary view?
Date: 2024-03-20 17:22:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Good, that's what I'd hope. I'm still not sure why it took more than 7
minutes in psql to select the old non-temporary view contents after
dropping the newer temporary view of the same name. There were no delays in
producing the original non-temporary view. If I can reproduce the problem
in psql, I'll re-ask. Meanwhile I'll also change my software to use
different view names when using non-temporary iviews for debugging.

Thanks,
Celia McInnis