Treating float arrays as vectors?

From: Celia McInnis <celia(dot)mcinnis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Treating float arrays as vectors?
Date: 2021-06-17 14:13:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi:

I would love it if there was a vector data type in postgresql along with
such vector operations as addition, subtraction, scalar multiplication,
cross product, dot product, normalization, length and various sorts of
vector distances. So far I have been feeding my float arrays to plpython3u
to do these kinds of operations. Is there a better way I can get this
functionality?

Celia McInnis