Re: Problem with DEBUG messages

From: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with DEBUG messages
Date: 2013-04-09 16:00:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

Yes and no.

If I run the script that creates the function, does the set
client_min_messages, then runs the function,
I get the DEBUG.

But then if I just runt he function (in a new query window). I do not get
the DEBUG messages.

However, if I add

SET client_min_messages to 'DEBUG';

in the query window before I run the function, I see the messages.

So

select test_debug(1)

doesn't work, but

SET client_min_messages to 'DEBUG';