Re: how to disable auto-completion

From: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Michal Kozusznik <kozusznik(dot)michal(at)ifortuna(dot)cz>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to disable auto-completion
Date: 2012-11-29 13:37:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

I would like to request that PgAdmin do a better job at auto-completion as
well.
I don't use it now since what I really need is help with the columns, more
than the tables.
The tables are useful, but often I know the table names but can't remember
the column names and auto-completion on column names would be a great help.

I use other tools with other databases that provide auto-completion
anywhere in the query or update, even in joins on multiple tables. For
example, DB Artisan (for Sybase) offers a popup list of choices after a
delay. If it is expecting a table, then the list are the tables that
"match". If it is expect a column, the list are the columns that "match"

FWIW -- I tried SQL Assistant and rejected it for PgAdmin. The integration
is clumsy (eg, wrt the connection) and, for me, the gain (auto-completion
on columns) is not worth the trouble that SQL Assistant creates.