Accessing base table relational names via RelOptInfo

From: Walter Cai <wzcai92(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Accessing base table relational names via RelOptInfo
Date: 2017-12-06 20:26:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I hope this is the appropriate list to send this to.

*Context:*

I (grad student) am trying to insert my own cardinality estimates into the
optimizer

*What I need to do to get there:*

I want to be able to programmatically access the relation names inside from
inside the calc_joinrel_size_estimate method (in costsize.c) using the
RelOptInfo
*outer_rel, RelOptInfo *inner_rel arguments. I'm pretty sure I need to use
the Relids relids variables in the RelOptInfo struct but I'm not sure where
to go from there.

Any help would be much appreciated

Best, Walter