Re: pg_upgrade and wraparound

From: Alexander Shutyaev <shutyaev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade and wraparound
Date: 2018-06-11 06:46:31
Lists: pgsql-general

>> Is this the regular Postgres log or the pg_upgrade log which should be
something like pg_upgrade_server.log?

This is the pg_upgrade_dump_16400.log.

>> How did you get into the 10 cluster to report on the database OID's and
names?

After the pg_upgrade failed I was able to start both clusters, so I
connected to the new 10.4 cluster and ran the query.

>> Which database has the large objects?

bof (OID=16400). It is also effectively the only database that matters
here. The other one - sslentry only contains a couple of tables and a dozen
of records.

>> Did you check this view to confirm?

Yes, I did:

select * from pg_prepared_xacts;
transaction | gid | prepared | owner | database
(0 rows)