Use case for BEFORE STATEMENT level trigger

From: Jitendra Loyal <jitendra(dot)loyal(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Use case for BEFORE STATEMENT level trigger
Date: 2019-03-14 05:38:23
Lists: pgsql-general

I had been wondering as to where one can use BEFORE STATEMENT level
trigger, more so because one does not know (access) what rows are getting
affected. Only thing which comes to my mind is that if one wants to do
something at a table-level, then this trigger can be used; this is quite
unusual though as I have not experienced this need in more than two decades
of developing business applications. I am looking forward to some one who
can enlighten me with the use case because I may be missing something.

Thanks