Re: Some pgAdmin bugs...

From: richard coleman <rcoleman(dot)ascentgl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Arni Kromić <arni(dot)kromic(at)bios-ict(dot)hr>, "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some pgAdmin bugs...
Date: 2019-09-10 12:42:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave,

While I agree it's generally a good idea to have a primary key, the
solution as currently implemented leaves the user unable to edit, or in
this case to even add a record to table without one. I would suggest
either having pgAdmin4 compute some sort of an *internal key* for cases
like this, or in the alternative *disable* those features (such as View/
*Edit*) that have not been implemented for cases such as this. Perhaps
with a dialog informing the user that "Editing or adding data isn't
supported on tables without a primary key".

rik.